The Junghans watch factory came in to being in 1861. Erhard Junghans founded the company in Schramberg, a small town in the Black Forest, together with his brother-in-law, Jakob Zeller-Tobler. At first, they specialized in manufacturing individual parts for watch production. The precision of Junghans’ work quickly became synonymous with outstanding quality of manufacturing. The first Junghans watches were designed and constructed by the company’s master watchmakers in 1866.