Brady Brothers was founded by John and Albert Brady in Price Street in Birmingham, England in the 1870s. They made leather goods for use in field sports, including high-quality gun cases. John’s son Ernest and Albert’s son, Leonard both joined Brady Brothers later and in 1928 Ernest took over the business.
The business prospered under Ernest’s direction and in the 1930’s Ernest and Leonard moved to larger premises in Shadwell Street in the heart of Birmingham's gun quarter. It was there Ernest first designed and personally made a range of fishing bags all named after English rivers.
These bags were to become the mainstay of the company and the source of its prosperity and fame in future years. Hand-made Brady gun cases were also greatly prized throughout the world. Oak and leather cases were made for movie and theatrical celebrities and royalty, including the Sultan of Oman and the Duke of Westminster.